4th Day of Christmas Treats: Gluten Free Chocolate Covered Pretzels

 Okay, technically these are made from white morsels and not white chocolate, but since I'm not really a connoisseur of white chocolate, these taste good enough for me!  I followed the directions for melting the morsels found on the back of the package (I used Nestle, but any kind will do as long as they're gluten free).  3 for the neighbors, one for me...yum!

Chocolate covered Pretzels

1 cup chocolate chips or white morsels
1 teaspoon oil
40-50 glutino pretzels (or any brand you like)
sprinkles if desired

Place chips and oil in a microwave proof bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.  Stir mixture and if chips aren't melted microwave for 15 more seconds, stir, heat 15 more seconds, stir etc...until the mixture is smooth.  Place a sheet of wax paper on your work surface.  place a few pretzels in the bowl with your melted chocolate, coat both sides (I used a toothpick to help turn the pretzels around), let the excess chocolate drip off and then place the pretzels on the wax paper to set.  If you want to use sprinkles, add them before the chocolate sets so they will stick.   If your chocolate mixture starts to set up in the bowl before you're finished, place it back in the microwave for 15 seconds to re-melt it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

where can I find pretzels??? I haven't been able to find them since being diagnosed a year ago...

Meredith said...

I like glutino brand pretzels. I have found them at whole foods, sprouts, the good earth, fruitful yield and meijer. I've seen them online too. Good luck!