Gluten Free Banana Cake
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthum gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 9x13 inch cake pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in the bananas, sour milk and vanilla. Add baking soda, xanthum gum, salt and gluten free flour. Mix on low until just combined. Increase mixing speed to med high for one minute. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted in middle of cake comes out clean. Remove from oven, and cool before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until creamy.
I loved this. Thanks for sharing! I had forgotten about your website-I need to check this more often. :)
Wonderful. I found you through one blog, through another blog, etc., etc.
Non-GF family say 'file this under the "TO KEEP" heading'. Best compliment ever.
Can't wait until zucchini season next year. I think I could use this same recipe with a light lemon/lime cream cheese icing with the zucchini in place of banana. What do you think?
My husband and I love the banana cake recipe. One question: since bananas vary quite a bit in size, how many cups of bananas do you put in your batter?
Our email is email@example.com
Thanks a "bunch" :)
Post a Comment