Easy Applesauce

This applesauce is so yummy and easy to make too! I like to make it when I've bought too many apples and they are starting to go a little soft - still good, just not as crunchy as I like my apples to be. I came up with this no sugar version as we find the apples to be sweet enough on their own. You can always add 1/2 -1 cup sugar if you feel that your apples aren't sweet enough.

Crock-pot Applesauce

8-12 apples peeled, sliced, & cored (peel them and use an apple slicer/corer to do the rest)

1 teaspoon cinnamon

Put the sliced apples in the crock-pot and sprinkle with cinnamon. If you like a thin applesauce you can add 1/2 cup of water. I like mine thick so I don't add any. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Mash up the apples depending on how chunky or smooth you like it. We like it warm, but it's good cold too. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Linds Forrest said...

If I liked applesauce I am sure I would try it! Especially because it comes from YOU! But I don't, so it will have to wait. I do must say that the picture of it looks incredibly yummy! Love you tons Mer Bear!
Linds