Gluten Free PB & Honey Chex Treat

I used to make this peanut butter cereal candy that had sugar, corn syrup , peanut butter, and cereal. It's really yummy, but is so unhealthy that I stopped making it. The other day I was craving the flavor of this recipe so I did a little experimenting and came up with a healthier alternative. It's so easy to make, takes about 5 minutes, and tastes great! I made up the recipe on the fly, so if you read it and have seen something like it somewhere else, I promise I didn't steal it! Enjoy!

Gluten Free PB & Honey Chex Treat
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
5 cups gluten free corn or rice chex

Combine peanut butter and honey in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Heat until mixture just begins to boil. Remove from heat and add 5 cups of chex or other gluten free cereal to the peanut butter and honey and stir until cereal is covered. Pour onto parchment paper and let cool. Store in an airtight container.

No comments: