Gluten Free S'MORES

Camping season is in full swing and we couldn't let this summer pass without a trip to the great outdoors.  In my mind camping is synonymous with s'mores, something I've bypassed the last few years.  I planned to make my own graham style crackers for our Friday night camping trip, but somewhere between Monday and Friday I ran out of time.  Friday morning I found myself dashing to the health food store to find gluten free graham crackers.  I found two brands, Kinnikinnick smorable graham style crackers and Josef.  I went with the Kinnikinnick.  Not only were they almost a dollar less for the same amount ($4.29 for an 8 oz box), but I've tried several of their products and I've been happy with them.

The crackers are a little smaller and a bit thicker than regular graham crackers.  I didn't try one by itself, but with roasted marshmallows and a couple of squares of chocolate they were probably the best s'mores I've ever had!  I still plan to make my own graham style crackers one of these days, but until I do it's nice to have a tasty alternative.  Happy camping!

Yummy S'mores!  Try one today!

No comments: